cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Cubify Challenge Finalist!

cwilkes
7-Bedrock

Cubify Challenge Finalist!

Hey everybody,

Back in December, my job was requiring a design to be done in 3D as opposed to our normal 2D AutoCAD drawings. So naturally, as their only CAD guy, I was the one that needed to learn to model using Creo 1.0. They sent me to a class in late December I believe and I've been playing around with the software ever since. I started researching 3D printing a few months later and took a huge interest in the process and potential for the industry.... I also noticed that I could break into that industry with my newfound knowledge of 3D modeling.

So when Cubify, a sub-company of 3D Systems, one of the biggest players in 3D printing, opened the Cubify Challenge, I hopped on my design leg and got to work. The competition required a model that could be printed in a 6"x6"x6" space from their base model printer. I began by modeling a french horn to scale, changed the piping of the horn to include 3DS (the company's initials), scaled down, and the kicker..... turned it into a kazoo. With the simple addition of a piece of wax paper, you can turn your 3D print into a working kazoo.

My design was chosen as 1 of 5 finalists in the Cubify Challenge! After the finalists were announced, they also announced that they'd be having a facebook contest to see which design could garner the most 'likes,' and that person would also receive a 3D printer.

Here's where you come in. I'm not 100% sure of my chances to win the judged competition so if you all could do me a HUGE favor and 'like' the photo that Cubify posted on facebook, that would be most excellent.

They kind of put me at a disadvantage because they put my actual 3D print file as the facebook picture rather than the rendered image file I sent them, what can ya do? So I've attached the rendered jpeg and posted a link to the actual facebook picture. Feel free to look at the opposing designs and if it compells you, vote for your actual favorite as well.

Thanks in advance!,

Chris

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=272398262871697&set=a.272394976205359.53796.132828746828650&type=1&theater

horn_kazoo.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags