cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Custom text instead of decimal numbers for custom thread table

Pius
12-Amethyst

Custom text instead of decimal numbers for custom thread table

Hi fellows

We are using Creo Parametrics 8.xxx, Standard configuration metric, ISO. And we are creating our own tables for company standard holes. 
Question:

Is there an option, to feed the hole feature with values out of the tables, to show a fractional number instead of a decimal number.
Example:

Rp 1/8 is the pipe thread 1/8" for holes with inner threads, If I select this threaded hole from the table in the dimension text menu it looks like:

Pius_1-1727091434606.png

In the existing tables the value 9.73 is included and presented in the model or drawing with prefix Ø.

The value 9.73 is the correct dimension, but I like to show the value 1/8 because this represents in combination with the prefix the right size of the threading tool .

In the same time, the Prefix Rp should be written automatically to the prefix field of the hole feature's menu. Same as Ø for standard holes or M for ISO threads.
Up to now we made this work around:

Pius_0-1727091017753.png

But I don't like to manually entering such text into the dimension text menu. It's time consuming and prone to errors.
I would like to enter this into the hole table for Rp threads (e.g.). so that all in the team can later select the type from the list and done is it.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Best regards 

Creo Parametrics 8.0 User since 2023
more than 20 years with other CAD tools
1 REPLY 1
Catalina
(To:Pius)

Hi @Pius,

Thank you for your question!

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.

Also, feel free to add any additional information you think might be relevant.

Best regards,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags