cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

DWG export of drawing in proe

jinsonthomas
1-Newbie

DWG export of drawing in proe

While exporting dwg format from drawing, i am facing a problem that the linweight of section remains default and other lines got changed to the required lineweight after applying new line styles.

Is there any solution for this.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Our team is a facing a problem regarding drawing module in proe. The issue is related to line weight during exporting of drawing to dwg format.

In drawing i had made a line style named object with line weight 0.5, and applied to all views. In the section A-A the line weight is not shown or applied properly and during export to dwg, proper output is not obtained.It is mainly in the area of section that the line weight is not proper.

Hello,

In Pro/E convert the view that causes the problem to draft entities and then apply your thinkness to each line segment.

My advice is not to bother with line thicknesses in proe or autocad drawing at all.

I have to complete a big project of 500 drawings, most are in a1 and a2. how i can apply lineweight after conversion , the project is time bound one.

Is there any other options. I think u had studied the attachments. Is there any fault in my method of aproach?

You could sellect all white entities in AutoCAD and then break them so you might be able to apply thicknesses to them inside AutoCAD.

Create LISP routine in AutoCAD to do that all in one command if it sounds too tedious.

I know it's not a parametric approuach to solve your problem again but I really don't know many parametric ways to get things done.

Maybe there's a way to select white lines in Pro/E drawing and apply the thickness to them? Just a thought.

Thankyou for your assistance. My problem is still not solved and if you get any solutions or suggessions from colleague, then reply me.

You are welcome.

I think you are doing it right and that it is actually bug in Pro/E or Creo version you use.

Top Tags