cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Decal image file cached somewhere?

jlee-6
1-Newbie

Decal image file cached somewhere?

I can't seem to overwrite the image data for an appearance decal when the image's file name isn't changed.

E.g. Say I have a logo in a file, "logo.bmp". I load that file as a decal in an appearance called "LOGO-APPEARANCE".

I then edit "logo.bmp" in an external program to change its colour & save the file.

If I then go into the appearance editor in Creo, delete the decal in "LOGO-APPEARANCE", and then add the new "logo.bmp", the colour of the logo does not change in Creo, i.e. image does not get overwritten.

If, however, I rename "logo.bmp" to "logo-1.bmp", and load it as the decal image in "LOGO-APPEARANCE", the change in colour is reflected in Creo.

This has been a recurring annoyance & I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution that doesn't involve renaming the image file every time there is a change. Clearly Creo is caching this BMP somewhere. Does anybody know where Creo is storing this image data? I've tried clearing the local cache from the Server Management console and it doesn't change this behaviour.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I have the same problem. Any workaround would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrey.

No workaround. Just have to rename the image file to a name that's not been used.

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:jlee-6)

Hello jlee-6

got the same problems, same expiriences and same solution like you. Will let you now, If l will discovered something better...

Top Tags