cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Decals used in Appearances

nhanratty
2-Guest

Decals used in Appearances

All

I have recently been adding gif and jpeg format images to some new appearances in our gallery and I have noticed that in Creo the resultant appearance is 'dull' in comparison to the actual gif or jpeg. Please refer to the attached image. Top half of image is the actual gif and the bottom half of the image is the same gif applied to a surface in Creo.

Using similar image files in Wildfire 4 produced great results and so when we add these decals to a model with existing decals there is an obvious difference between the old and new decals. So just wondering does anybody know what may be causing the difference.

Does anybody have any suggestions how to address this?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Neal

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:nhanratty)

Neal,

Does lighting and shading have anything to do with this? That's the first
thing that jumped out at me.

Michael P. Locascio

Michael

Thanks for the reply...I had a look at that and yes it does make a difference when you play around with the standard lighting...but I couldn't see a way to then save the new light definition so that that became the standard for any model.

Regards,

Neal Hanratty
Engineering Systems and Standards Manager
Terex Materials Processing Group

T +44 (0)28 8241 8769
F +44 (0)28 8225 2740
M +44 (0)75 3495 2739
E neal.hanratty@terex.com<">mailto:neal.hanratty@terex.com>
Top Tags