cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Defining a Sketch

ptc-2819933
1-Newbie

Defining a Sketch

I have drawn up a border/frame with geometry. I want to define this as a sketch to pull from the template browser. I go to Create sketch and then I pick a point and the little dot shows up in the viewport. Then I go to Define the sketch and this is where I'm lost. All it does is select the dot, it won't select all the geometry. The help menu says a sketch can be created from geometry, and I follow the ambiguous steps provided, but nothing works. Is it because I have already drawn the border/frame? Do I need to draw it after I create the sketch reference point? There must be a way to make established geometry into a sketch. Any help would be awesome, thank you!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags