cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Deleting text on drawing from format

chshasa1
11-Garnet

Deleting text on drawing from format

Hi All

I created some templates for drawings.

One element there is the information about the edge break.

I did that on format level because i want them to have on every drawing sheet.

anyway. there are situation, where we need to delete that. Unfortunately, this is not possible on drawing level now. is there any option how to delete it or another/better possibility to do such notes/tables/text which will be shown in every sheet of a drawing?

the tables which are on the format i can delete on drawing level, this note not..

br

drawing_notes.PNG

Feel the magic
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:chshasa1)

In addition to what Martin said, you can create a mapkey to past that symbol / sketch /note using absolute coordinates. This would make it easier for the user to do.

Alternatively you could put that information into a workmanship spec or a standard note on the drawing that says "this applies in the case of X,Y,Z"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

for single-sheet drawings, the solution is easy. Items that sometimes need to be deleted can simply be deleted from the format and pasted into the template.

I can't think of simple solution for multi-sheet drawings. Of course, it is possible to create special formats without certain items.

Martin Hanák
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:chshasa1)

In addition to what Martin said, you can create a mapkey to past that symbol / sketch /note using absolute coordinates. This would make it easier for the user to do.

Alternatively you could put that information into a workmanship spec or a standard note on the drawing that says "this applies in the case of X,Y,Z"

chshasa1
11-Garnet
(To:Chris3)

Hi

i moved the notes to the drawing templates and using layers and mapkeys, they are shown only on the first page now. acc. to the standard, it is enough if this note is mentioned once on the drawing if it is valid for the whole drawing.

thanks for you help!

Feel the magic
Top Tags