cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Dimensioning Diameters in 2D Drawings

jmagill
4-Participant

Dimensioning Diameters in 2D Drawings

This should be an easy question but I can't seem to figure it out. Whenever I try to dimension the diameter of a hole in a 2D drawing, it displays the radius as opposed to the diameter. How can I change this so that the diameter is displayed instead of the radius?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Select the desired hole feature in the model tree, RMB>Show Dimensions by View, select the view you want the dimension to appear on. Or if you choose to use created dimension, click on the hole edge twice before accepting the dimension, this will give you diameter rather than radius.

Yeah, click the edge of the hole twice and then click to drop the dimention. This got me at first as well.

On a similar note, when you are defining a revolved feature in the sketcher, draw your axis of revolution first and then you can dimension a diameter by clicking a sketched entity, axis of revolution and the same sketched entity again. This way when you use "Show and Erase" in a drawing and pick your revolved feature, you get diameter dimensions automatically, and you can then (assuming your sketcher dimensioning scheme is adequate) drive your revolve features from the drawing.

There is also a config option to help in having dimensions for a revolved feature be created as diameters without having to pick the axis, and the sketch twice. The config option is: sketcher_dim_of_revolve_axis yes If this option is set all dimensions created by Intent Manager to Axis of revolution will be diameter dimensions. Dennis

There is also a config option to help in having dimensions for a revolved feature be created as diameters without having to pick the axis, and the sketch twice. The config option is: sketcher_dim_of_revolve_axis yes If this option is set all dimensions created by Intent Manager to Axis of revolution will be diameter dimensions. Dennis

Thnx a ton for ur post.....I was lost trying to figure this out

Top Tags