cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Discovering holes in WF5...

DarrinHiebert
1-Newbie

Discovering holes in WF5...

We have a model from an outside vendor that I'm trying to solidify. It's
a fairly complicated model, and it's all surfaces right now.

I have went into IDD and "fixed" the obvious problems, but I cannot figure
out why I can't get it to solidify. I'm sure that there's a hole
somewhere, or I have two sided edges somewhere, or something.

I recall in previous versions of Pro, that there were some tools that
allowed you to discover these areas that might be issues, but I can't seem
to find them with the new menu layout on IDD.

Am I dreaming, or is there a way to discover areas of this model that
might be causing me issues, and preventing me from solidifying the model?

WF5 M070 (Creo/Elements)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Visually, the pre-wildfire color schemes are great for visually hunting for "holes" in quilts.

If you use pre-wildfire colors such that stitched edges are purple and open edges are yellow, I can typically hunt down visullay small open ends. some times it takes awhile...

I thought that typically, when attempting a solidify a quilt that is not 100% bounded, an "arrow" would appear on the surface body near the area that is open??

Darrin, while in IDD, select Info --> Geometry Checks. Once there select Edit -->IDD Settingsand choose the checkboxes of areas you wish to highlight. You will then get a listing in the Import Feature that you can expand and select to show in the graphics screen. There is an IDD tutorial in the Help Center that has directions and models to provide some familiarity with IDD. Here is a link to a video from a tips/tricks session on using IDD:http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/media/streamed.jsp?&im_dbkey=119906&icg_dbkey=904

Hope this helps.

Top Tags