cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Disobedient layer items

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Disobedient layer items

WF2, M220 (still, argh!)

I have a situation where items on a layer that is blanked keep popping up visible.  Although I can see the offending geometry, I cannot click on it on screen.  I have several models that are set up similarly and only a few have this problem.  Regenerating or repainting doesn't correct it, but if I suppress and resume the last feature by dragging the insert bar it does.

Anyone seen this and have a fix?

Doug Schaefer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
3 REPLIES 3

I see this problem all the time. It was an issue for me in WF 3.0, 4.0, and now 5.0. In fact I just saw it this morning. Usually what I do is unhide the layer, refresh and thenhide the layer again and the items will disappear. If you find out what's going on, let us know. It seems like it shouldn't be a graphics issue but FWIW I have Nvidia Quadro FX 1400.

I changed my config file to "auto_regen_views.........no" and started
experiencing this problem, changing it back to "yes" seemed to cure it.
Obviously, having it set to "no" in the first place was for a particular
reason. Anyone else seen this?

Richard A. Black

Lead Engineer

Eaton Corporation

16900 Aberdeen Road

Laurinburg, NC. 28353

Thanks for all the help on this. I haven't figured it out yet. To
clarify, this is in part/assy mode, not in a drawing. A lot of the tips
were drawing related and that's not the problem I'm having.

This popped up at the end of a projects and I'm off of that project now.
Unfortunately I didn't get a resolution before it was done.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags