cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Displaying several Model parameters in Model Tree columns reduces the Graphics area of Creo Session , if there is a way to display the required parameter values on-demand like a tool tip when you hover your mouse around a component on the Assembly tree

skarmegam
3-Visitor

Displaying several Model parameters in Model Tree columns reduces the Graphics area of Creo Session , if there is a way to display the required parameter values on-demand like a tool tip when you hover your mouse around a component on the Assembly tree

Displaying several Model parameters in Model Tree columns reduces the Graphics area of Creo Session , if there is a way to display the required parameter values on-demand like a tool tip when you hover your mouse around a component on the Assembly tree.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Sundarajan,

No option to avoid reduction in graphics area due to model tree columns.

Anonymous
Not applicable
(To:skarmegam)

Treat yourself to a bigger monitor.

The best solution I can offer is to save your default model Tree, then add whatever parameters you want to sometimes see and save that model tree also.
then create a mapkey to switch the model tree display to whichever you want to display at this time.

I have 2 saved model tree's

1. standard model tree doesn't show much....just feature number, status, feature ID, Current Rep
2. dwg model tree shows shows .... drawn by, drawn date, checked by, checked date, dwg title1, dwg title2, dwg title3, commodity code

to toggle between them I have 2 mapkeys "smt" standard model tree "dmt" dwg moldel tree

simple

Sundarajan,

You can detatch the window by going to File > Options > Window Settings > Model Tree Settings: Check display as separate window
This may help in reducing the number of times you have to resize the window.

Hope this helps,
Don Anderson

My solution is actually a combination of all the above... (although I realize it is a luxury that is not feasible for everyone)

Purchase a second monitor.  Set the RH monitor as your primary and LH monitor as secondary. (similar to what was suggested earlier,  but better )

Set your configs to display the tree as a separate window.  (as Don Anderson suggested)

Create a mapkey that places the model tree on the RH edge of the LH monitor.

Create other mapkeys that toggle between different trees styles as needed.  (as David McClinton suggested)

After it is all set up,  Creo will launch on the Primary monitor and the tree comes in on top of your design window (by default),  all you need to do is hit your mapkey (F9 - for me) to pop the tree over to the LH monitor.   In the end you get a large design area on the RH Monitor,  and as large a tree as you want on the LH monitor.  Best of both worlds.  Not to mention that you can also run e-mail and your favorite music player on your LH monitor as well without interrupting your Creo design space.

Good Luck

Bernie

Bernie Gruman

Owner / Designer / Builder

www.GrumanCreations.com

SteveFowler
4-Participant
(To:bgruman)

Bernie

I also use your solution, however my left screen is primary. Maybe because I am right handed, or just started that way when I set it up years ago?

Anonymous
Not applicable
(To:bgruman)

Bernie, I did not want to suggest 2 screens as that can get costly, as you may need to upgrade your graphics card too.

I too have RH as main and LH for reference. It is often helpful to run parts on the LH and main assembly on the RH, updating as you go, running multi-session.

There are many fun things you can do with twin screen configs.

Enjoy it.

Top Tags