cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

ECAD_REF_DES note leader reattachment/edit definition

JavierL
7-Bedrock

ECAD_REF_DES note leader reattachment/edit definition

Hello, I have been trying to find if there is an answer to this or not

How do you redefine the attachment of the ECAD_REF_DES driven notes in the 3D model?

Background:

For our systems, I have been using the ECAD_REF_DES to assign reference designators at the top level assembly so that when manufacturing pulls down the creo view files created in windchill, the refdes for cables and pcbs show up for them, so they know with 3d annotations which cable is what

The problem I am running into is that when I click show annotations and then activate the reference designator notes, that the attachment to the models that they reference is rarely where I want it, and it is never consistent.

In some cases it is attached to the parts default csys, sometimes to the skeleton csys, sometimes to a random csys in the cable harness part.

What we were doing is having to go in and create annotation features and then manually creating annotations for the BOM balloons and reference designators, since the ECAD_REF_DES is already used in some of our parts, I figured why not use it since it automatically populates a note.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags