cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Existing model linear_tol_0_0 shows as .010 when it should only have one digit after decimal

ptc-6739354
3-Visitor

Existing model linear_tol_0_0 shows as .010 when it should only have one digit after decimal

Hello,

Does anyone know how to change the number of digits of a model's linear tolerances? My config settings for linear_tol are:

1 .1 1

2 .06 2

3 .030 3

so when I create a new model the tolerance comes in correct. I would just like to fix the issue on models that I create by saving from existing models that already have their own tolerance digit settings.

2 REPLIES 2

When you load in a model, Creo does not apply the settings you have in your configuration to that model. Which is as it should be. Imagine you are loading an older model with relative accuracy of 0.0012 and you have your default set at absolute 1.0E-05. Lots of older models, if they have any complexity to them, will fail miserably if you try to do this kind of thing. And there are many other examples.

If you wish to change settings for models, you have to do so "by hand" or for each one you load. You might be able to set up a mapkey macro to do so. This is how I add necessary parameters to old models I have to modify, for example.

Someone will no doubt have a way to modify a bunch of files through some external programmatic functionality, but I don't deal with that kind of thing.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:KenFarley)

EXACTLY!  Well said Ken.

To go further, there are times in very touchy complex models, that I've had to try going to tighter absolute accuracy to try and get a feature to regenerate, or sometimes I had to loosen the accuracy.  It's a fine line on some models, and you should NEVER use "Relative Accuracy" unless you have REALLY simple parts, and even then I wouldn't use it.  In fact, I NEVER use it.  I set all my start models to .0001 absolute accuracy and can pretty much do what I need to without failures.

Top Tags