cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Explode Preferences Dialog Box

vinson.loos
1-Newbie

Explode Preferences Dialog Box

Hi guys and gals,

Just got back to work after a few month furlow and am having a hard time finding the "Exploder Preferences Dialog Box". It's the box where in WF 4.0 you could select reset, increment, move with children, etc.

I'm now using WF 5.0 and the explode functionality has been changed quite a bit since 4.0 and am struggling a bit. I like selecting the csys to move the components, but not much else

I specifically want to find the 'Reset' button for a component misplaced by 'smooth' rather than 'increment' translation.

I stumbled on the dialog box yesterday and cannot find it today. Oh well, maybe tomorrow unless someone has a clue.

Thanks in advance,

Vinson Loos
Mechanical Design Engineer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

On 09/26/12 15:33, Vinson Loos wrote:
> Hi guys and gals,
>
> Just got back to work after a few month furlow and am having a hard time finding the "Exploder Preferences Dialog Box".

Dash Board, Options Tab

* Copy Position
* Motion Increment
* Move with Children

> It's the box where in WF 4.0 you could select reset, increment, move with children, etc.
>
> I'm now using WF 5.0 and the explode functionality has been changed quite a bit since 4.0 and am struggling a bit. I like selecting the csys to move the components, but not much else

Actually once you figure it out you will see that WF5 is much better than previous releases:

* moved to dashboard
* selecting the csys to move components
* new rotation functionality
* Control select several components, then select csys of last component to move all as a group
* animation of explode states
* etc

>
> I specifically want to find the 'Reset' button for a component misplaced by 'smooth' rather than 'increment' translation.

Select the component, rmb select "Toggle Explode" (or select the "Toggle the exploded state of the selected component(s)" icon) in the dashboard

>
> I stumbled on the dialog box yesterday and cannot find it today. Oh well, maybe tomorrow unless someone has a clue.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vinson Loos
> Mechanical Design Engineer
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.