cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

External Merge to External Inheritance

aselvaraj-2
2-Guest

External Merge to External Inheritance

Hi,

I would like to change the “External Merge feature which is created
in Pro/E 2001 to External Merge”
since I could not retrieve dimensions[Show
& Erase Option] from the merge part in the downstream drawings.

Is there any way to Change the Merge Feature or To retrieve
dimensions from the merge part. Please help me on this.

Note: I am using CREO 02.

Thanks,

Aseem

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Dear Experts,

Adding to the same question.

We are unable to retrieve the dimensions from External merge  since the model has done on Pro/E 2001. and we are  unable to change Merge to Merge inheritance.

Could you please guide us on retrieving the dimensions from External merge part. ?

ptc.JPG

Kind Regards,

Hari

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.” - Dalai Lama.

Does it give a specific error message?  I have not had a problem converting between merge and merge inheritance.  Although we have models that old, I do not know if any one I have done this too has been that old.  I get confused my the name of merge vs external merge, but I just tested and even the one that was created in assembly mode (is this merge or external merge?) can be converted into an inheritance feature.  I didn't know that, and may come in handy...

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

Hello Lawrence,

sorry for the confusion!

since the model was created in old Pro/E version the merge to Merge external inheritance conversion option is not available.

ptc2.JPG

Kind Regards,

Hari

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well in that case, if you submit a Product idea to allow conversion/toggle of old merge type features I will vote for it.  This is a type of limitation that I can imagine is lurking in some of our old models too.

Did you try submitting a case to PTC to see if they can do the conversion on their end?  I have seen a couiple of instances where they are able to fix a model on their end using a troubleshooting tool capability that we do not have access to.  It is worth a try.  If you do try contacting us, let us know the result either way!  Thanks!

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

Hello Lawrence, Thank you very much for your valuable time. We have raised this issue to PTC (PTC CASE 12883867) ,Unfortunately it is still pending with them.

Kind Regards,

Hari

Hi,

Please see attached work flow for retrieving the new dimensions to the drawing from the old  External merge ( Model which is created in Pro/E 2000i).

Special Thanks and gratitude  to Mr. Dave , New York-US  for giving this solution.

ptc.JPG

Kind Regards,

Hari

Top Tags