cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

External copy geom not loading in family table instances. . .

dviegas
3-Visitor

External copy geom not loading in family table instances. . .

Hello Everyone,

I have a very unique problem this. There is a Skeleton part, fabrication assembly and machining model. Fabrication assembly and Machining model have three variants. I managed this using family table instances in fabrication model as well as in machining model. Everything was working fine until I was working on Creo 2.0. Recently I switched to Creo 2.0's big brother Creo 3.0 and now this thing happened. Family table instances of machining model are failing to regenerate. Upon checking why the feature failures occurred, I found out that external copy geometry features coming from skeleton model to machining model are not loading in instances. Although Fabrication Generic Model, Fabrication Instances and Machining Generic model regenerate successfully. After some time by trial and error method I found that if I add new instance into the family table and copy columns from failed instance into the new instance and verify, the instance show success (i.e. regenerates successfully). But this success will last till I change something in the skeleton again and verify instance to find them failed again. Also I have used these instances in other assemblies, where, every time I open these assemblies after clearing the workspace and adding them newly, shows failed. Any one with a clue. I am clueless.

Dominic

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags