cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Extrude curve/spline from imported iges? not working.

mrmusic1994
1-Newbie

Extrude curve/spline from imported iges? not working.

i have an iges containing a 2d spline taken from the cross section of a 3d scan, then exported as the curves in iges format. i need to be able to extrude the profile in creo parametric but for some reason it is not working at all. it wont import into a sketch as it says the iges is 3d. and other than tracing on a new sketch using the curves as referance points i dont know what to do.

is there a way of taking the curve data and putting it directly in a sketch to extrude from?. 

thanks for your time!. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Create a sketch in the direction of your extrusion.  You would Project<command> your curve on the sketch plane for extrusion.

You can later trim the extrusion to the 3D curve if it will lie on your new surface.

I didn't realize your curve was flat, but Creo doesn't care.  

Creo wants a known planar reference in order to extrude.

curve_extrude.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Create a sketch in the direction of your extrusion.  You would Project<command> your curve on the sketch plane for extrusion.

You can later trim the extrusion to the 3D curve if it will lie on your new surface.

I didn't realize your curve was flat, but Creo doesn't care.  

Creo wants a known planar reference in order to extrude.

curve_extrude.PNG

Fantastic!.

Much apriciation.  seems so simple now, im new to creo, used autodesk products mainly before so these things stop me right in my tracks !.

Thanks again.

Top Tags