cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Family Table Generic in large assembly not showing some components

ShandRonnie
5-Regular Member

Family Table Generic in large assembly not showing some components

WF5, M060, PDMLink 9.1

My top level assembly is a generic with 2 instances.

There are about 160 components assembled. Most components are used in both instances of the family table.

The Problem is that about 15 components are totally gone from the generic modeltree but they do show up at the instance that uses them. There are no components suppressed at the generic level (all modeltree filters are set to show the features).

The family table editor shows all the components and the trouble ones have a NO at the first row that corresponds to the generic. There is no option to change the NO to a YES in this first row. If you open the table with Excel there is an option to change the troubled components to YES from the Generic first row, but once the Excel file is saved it does not updates the assembly.

Some components were assembled at the instance level, then unsuppressed from the generic and corrected the Y/N values of the family table.

I need to have all the components shown at the generic modeltree.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie Shand

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

my first place i'd look when encountering missing parts in an instance would be to check that those parts aren't assembled with a dependancy to any part or datumthat is going to be turned off for that specific instance.

mb

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags