cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Family Table Instance: "selected model does not match missing model"

SamLamb
1-Newbie

Family Table Instance: "selected model does not match missing model"

Hello,

I have a couple engine mount assemblies I designed from one of my previous designs using family tables. I changed a couple parts in the assembly to family table instances to accomodate the new engine but now, everytime I boot pro/e and open the overall assembly I always get the "selected model does not match missing model" message. So, I have to delete them from the assembly and reconfigure them every time. I don't get what the deal is, everything checks out in the family tables and I've made sure that I saved the overall assembly with the mounts before closing pro/e. Has anyone else ran into this issue? I'm running WF4.0.

Thanks,

Sam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Nevermind, I figured it out. I just have to open up the engine mounts before I open the overall assembly. Just some weird quirk in the system.

The load sequence for objects is

- memory

- working folder

- search paths in given order

so there must be an object of the same name prior to the one you want.

If your object is part of a family table check the .idx files in each folder.

Reinhard

Actually, that leaves out one important place Creo looks for related objects, the folder of the parent. So your list looks like this:

1. memory
  2. folder of the parent object
  3. working folder
  4. search paths in given order

If you open an assembly or drawing from a folder other that your working directory, Creo will look there before the working directory and after memory.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Doug,

I think PTC started #2 with WF5 and he is on WF4

Reinhard

You're right, #2 & #3 were reversed originally, I don't recall when it changed order. I thought it was before that, maybe WF2 or WF3.

A little googling and I found an old post of mine on eng_tips.com (http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=171205) pointing to a KB article about it (https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=130928).

The default order changed starting in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire, datecode 2002020. The full list is:

1. In session (in memory)
  2. Directory containing the assembly or drawing file
  3. Active Windchill or Pro/INTRALINK Workspace and Commonspace
  4. Current working directory
  5. Directories in the search path

There's a hidden config option to restore the old order, set "use_2001_search_order" to "yes".

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:ReinhardN)

Are you using instance accelerators? We do not and I'm wondering if it might contribute to your issue if you do have them.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:BillRyan)

... and don't forget the whole regeneration thing that Frank dislikes with family tables. Sometime when family tables do not have a big change, for some reason the model is not regenerated fully and make cause issues.

Top Tags