cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Family Table Parts Going Rogue

RussellLudwick
1-Newbie

Family Table Parts Going Rogue

So I have recently had a family table part with 34 instances go rogue on me. I checked out the entire family table from windchill and worked on it putting several parts in an assembly. When I checked it in, i checked in all parts that it flagged as modified, and did an undo checkout on all the rest of my parts that were not flagged as modified(would not let me check back in because they were not changed).

When I went to open up the parts this morning, the three different instances that were in my assembly were no longer in my family table and were independant parts. Not only this, I was unable to use "find component" to retrieve them since it was still referencing the generic part instance file. Why did these parts get detached from the instance table and go rogue?

I ended up having to change the rogue part names, and recreating the instances in the generic family table, then go in and replace all the failing parts with my newly created instanced parts. The crisis has been averted, but I would like to figure out why this happened.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags