cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Features (components) in the feature tree missing?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Features (components) in the feature tree missing?

I was in the process of grouping some parts together for better organization when it askes me if I wan't to group all features in between the selected features. These features are not visible in the feature tree that I can see. Is there a way that they may have been hidden, suppress, filtered from the feature tree? If so, how would I make them re-appear so they can been seen? Thanks, Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Dale,

in Assembly mode features are not displayed in Model Tree by default. Open Model Tree Settings window (using one of icons located above Model Tree) and turn on Features option (or something like that).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

But if the feature options is unchecked, wouldn't all features be unseen verses the two that are showing up when I am trying to group the other three? I checked all of the possibilities in the filters mode so everything should show up, but nothing changed in the tree. Any other thoughts?

Dale,

I opened MIA.jpg once again and realized that feature option is ON in your sesssion, because I can see datum plane XSECA at the bottom of the model tree and also plus signs in front of every part.

It looks like that the strange message is related to your assembly. Therefore I can't tell you what the message means.

I am sorry, I give up ...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks for trying. The two parts that are showing up wireframe are the two that are missing from the tree. Some how that are between the other three parts. Thanks again.

groups are also considered as feature so you have to check the box in model tree settings to display features.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:jsarkar)

I checked all the boxes so that things would/should show up and these parts did not reappear. Any other thoughts? Thanks, Dale

The problem is very interesting, before giving up, I would like to see myself the problem, whether any layer setup is there or not etc. So requesting you to send me the files if possible.

Regards,

Jay

Top Tags