cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Force calculation from skeleton sketch in creo 4.0

skesavan
4-Participant

Force calculation from skeleton sketch in creo 4.0

Dear all,

I am going to calculate the bucket available force as showing image (Bucket cylinder force we know 700kN) without creating all linkage parts because it consume lot of time to create the parts. It means it is possible to calculate force thought skeleton sketch? 

Following Force need to calculate 

Max available Bucket force

Max available Link -1 force 

Max available Link -2 force

From Lift side image -1 : Skeleton sketch image

2019-03-25 09-48-29_Start.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Seems like a static force/moment analysis. Draw out a free body diagram and solve for all the unknown forces given the ones you know, angles, and such, just like you do in a statics class. Once you have all the forces of interest figured out, you should be able use relations to calculate them based upon the configuration of the skeleton. If you can do it with a paper and pencil, expressing everything in terms of variables, you should be able to do it in relations. Then you can modify the configuration and see what happens, iterate on the "best" solution, etc.

skesavan
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Thanks for your Reply.

How to do the Static force/ Moment Analysis in Creo?

Is it possible to give procedure for static force/ moment calculation in creo ?

I am doing lot of linkage design but for this force calculation I am searching some other new software. If We can able to do the force calculation in creo i will proceed with creo. I will reduce lot of design iteration time. 

Top Tags