cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Getting Intralink 9 to see the right license file

jdunham
1-Newbie

Getting Intralink 9 to see the right license file

(This is a license problem)

We use moble workstations with locked licenses as our engineers travel some. We use PDMLink as our database but we have large vendors that use Intralink 9. We like to see the work they are doing for us so we have access to their Intralink. When we start pro\e it uses our locked license file on the workstation, when you try to start intralink from our vendor, it tries to find it's license from the license file on our workstationsand fails when it doesn't find it. At one time when we did have some Intralink licenses on the server, we could get a floating pro\e license off the server and then it would find the intralink license on the servertoo. Now we don't own any Intralink licenses. Our vendor is okay with us using their licenses but not their pro\e licenses. Is there a way to get the pro\e licensefrom ourworkstations and intralink 9 licenses form their server?

In the past I had a locked license on my workstation that was just a pro\e seat but it had this line in it:

# Optional Modules = Pro/INTRALINK Connect Module

and it would let me use the vendor's intralink without a license form either side - kind of like how PDMLink works. We really haven't changed our licenses but my new ones do not come with this line and will not do what this old one does. Is there a way to get a license like this again?

Thanks,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags