cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Global Interference - Time issue

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Global Interference - Time issue

Hello,

I am having large assembly and need to check interference and clearance globally. It takes hell lot of time. Is there any quick method to reduce time of this checking. I do not have luxury to omit few parts in new simplified representation and quickly check as I would like to check it globally.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

Any suggestions guys? I don't wanna wait for few hours to have results of interference check.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

I don't run global interference checks for that reason. In our case, all hardware interferes so the list is full of mostly useless information anyway.

This is the main pain area of mine case...so, what you are doing in this case... This might be helpful to me...

It takes as long as it takes.

Without knowing why you don't have the luxury to omit parts there's no better advice available.

Correct... I accept that time is taken by creo itself to identify interference... I cannot ignore few parts and prepare new sim rep to quickly check interference to reduce time.... My main interest is to know that it's totally more time consuming and bit confused list... But interference is also must to check... If someone suggest me  Better way to check this, it will be a great help to us.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

Why can't you ignore parts that you know are not a problem?

Here's some other info on the subject:

collision - What is the *fastest* algorithm for detecting intersection between polyhedra? - Stack Overflow

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

I cannot ignore few parts and prepare new sim rep to quickly check interference to reduce time....

Why not?  You can create rule based simplified reps to very quickly exclude certain components or classes of components.  For example, you could exclude all fastener models based on an identifying parameter.

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:TomU)

I don't want to  ommit any part... I am into customisation and don't wanna ask to my end user that he must have to tell me as input that these parts will not interfere...

One thing came tomy mind, but I am not sure on this.

Can we play with session id of components? Suppose there are 1000 parts and each need to be checked with rest others innormal method..something like session ID 1 is not going to interfere with components having ID as 11 or more... Is this good to assume and proceed??

My recommendation is to do the checks at each subassembly level and as you move up the model tree you only have to check "Sub-assembly only" and it won't dig INTO the subassemblies, only top level parts and subassemblies.

Well Ketan, yes, it sucks. The time taken to cross reference every component with every other component and evaluate volumetric interference is abysmal. As far as I know, you have 4 options...

1. Click the button and go home. You'll have results in the morning
  2. Per Robert R, just do each level at a time and don't dig into subassemblies
  3. Create Simplified reps for interference checking. These would typically eliminate all threaded fasteners and compressed foam, etc. It really, really helps to have people name their parts appropriately so that identification is easy.
  4. Don't use Global Interference. It's much faster (instantaneous) to create a section in the assembly to show the 2D interference. In the section under "Options" choose "show interference" and when you dynamically drag the section you get to see interference in the colour of your choice.
Top Tags