cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Group pattern issue

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Group pattern issue

Hi,

i have a small group of features patterned simply around an axis, & would like to remove one of the these features from the group, & from all the pattened groups. It is a cosmetic thread i want to remove, but when i try to delete it, the pattern fails, which leads to other failures down the line. Is there a cheat, a way of dealing with this, up until now i have just hidden them, but its a pain in the backside picking them all. I have never been able to understand why pro-e & now creo behaves like this.

Thanks

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

In Creo? When you pattern something, you can click on the black dots and it will turn white. This means that that instance will not be created.

Hi Antonius,

yes i know this, but this does not help me. There are 4 features in each group, one of which is a cosmetic thread, i still require the other 3 features in each group, so i cannot turn off the instance, i simply want to remove the cosmetic from the group. Simply, now there's a word you don't often see when talking about Creo functionality.

Regards

John

I see. Yes, if feature is a sub-feature it becomes part of the pattern and it is more difficult to remove. For "simplicity's sake" I would make a separate feature for that one hole. Cosmetic threads is not one that lends itself to being a stand-alone feature although it could be (old world).

I was able to make a hole in a pattern, then followed up with a reference patterns and omited one. Remember that you have to use the original to create a cosmetic thread to pick up the reference pattern.

skipthread.JPG

Hi Antonius,

i figured you could not do what i orginally asked, but i thought after 17 years of working with Pro-e & now Creo, that something might have changed. Again, it blows my mind that you cannot simply remove a feature from a patterned group. I just re-defined my models, & put these cometics outside the group, they reference patterned just fine, so i will leave things that way.

Regards

John

Top Tags