cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Has anyone sucsessfuly created a solid milling tool with inserts?

BarryS
1-Newbie

Has anyone sucsessfuly created a solid milling tool with inserts?

I have made plenty of solid tools, but recently noticed Pro/E will pass insert geometry to Vericut as long as the insert model has "VERICUT_TYPE"= INSERT and an "INSERT_CSYS", yet something is missing in my Tool assembly, some nuance I'm probably missing.

t82.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:BarryS)

I also tried this, but finally I found it useless. I only use solid milling tools. For tools with inserts, I only draw the profile and use it as a standard cylindrical tool. I have a tool similar to yours (it's a Seco Aeromaster) which I modeled this way.

Aeromaster.JPG

Top Tags