cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Help with surface modeling intake manifold

ptc-4093513
1-Newbie

Help with surface modeling intake manifold

Im hoping firstly that someone might be able to recommend a book or video or something as a tutorial to help me improve my surface modeling. I am trying to design an intake manifold for senior design this year and it would be very nice to get the geometry correct and just thicken it. This way the interior geometry I have very fine control over. Right now its a lot of combinations of extrudes, cuts, shells etc and often times the shape is not what I want or not nearly as smooth as I would like. I will attach some files so hopefully you will get an idea of what im going for but also where my skill level is. Later I will need to export the interior geometry into ansys for some CFD and I figured surfaces would make this traqnsition easier as well.

Im on creo/wildfire 5

Im not sure if these will totally work as some are asemblies but the mani_entrance is very indicitive of the type of geometry I would like. Right now I am doing a few different basic ideas and will begin to iterate once I know which gives me the best results and once some other peoples' designs are finalized

Thanks

-Marc

Edit: Here is a more direct question. What would be the best way to connect the sketch I have dropped onto the top of the plenum there to the sketch that is on the offset plane. Boundary blend? Style feature? Swept blend? I really want to be able to merge it into one part and then just thicken to make a solid geometry part.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4093513)

Hi

You should post some screenshots as a lot of users here, myself included, won't be able to open files made in the student version of Pro/E.

Top Tags