cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Help!!!

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Help!!!

Hi all, I have developed a catastrophic problem with Creo 3 this morning. Everything was fine until a couple of hours ago, now I cannot open ANY drawing. I can open parts & assemblies no problem. At first I thought it was just a problem with the job I am currently working on, I had a couple of crashes this morning & I figured that maybe some files had become corrupted somehow. I have done some investigating & discovered that this problem exists outside my current working directory. There is nothing wrong with any of these files, I can open them fine in Creo 2 & 4. I can open my current drawings in Creo 4, so that proves the files are ok. 20 years I have been working with Pro-e/Creo & have never seen this before. As mentioned, I have Creo 4 installed but I don't want to start working with it just yet. Any clues any one? I am in a fix here, don't whether to un-install Creo 3 & re-installed it.

Regards

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We just figured this out, it was the creo_parametric_customization.ui file causing the problem. I installed Creo 4 the week before last. I have both versions start from different load points & have a customization.ui file in each. What I did not realize is that Creo does not pull in the ui file from the load point directory unless you tell it to. There is a config option load_ui_customization_run_dir which needs to be set to 'yes'. This morning while working in Creo 3 i made a change to the ui, & a conflict of sorts was created. All ok now, but 3 hours lost trying to figure this out. Thanks for your time.

John

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:John.Pryal)

My guess is that you changed the order of your seats in your parametric.psf file.

check <load point>\Creo 3.0\MXXX\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf

for this line:

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=

Compare that to your psf file for your other installations.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:Chris3)

Good idea with the license.  Other things to think about, maybe a corrupted ui customization file?  If it is crashing in Creo 3 (as opposed to saying 'failed because reasons'), you could attach a traceback.log.zip and I could see if the traceback analysis tool has anything useful to say.  Conversely, if it puts up a failure message, that could be useful.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

have you rebooted your workstation after the Creo crashes? You could have some traces of memory being misallocated.

We just figured this out, it was the creo_parametric_customization.ui file causing the problem. I installed Creo 4 the week before last. I have both versions start from different load points & have a customization.ui file in each. What I did not realize is that Creo does not pull in the ui file from the load point directory unless you tell it to. There is a config option load_ui_customization_run_dir which needs to be set to 'yes'. This morning while working in Creo 3 i made a change to the ui, & a conflict of sorts was created. All ok now, but 3 hours lost trying to figure this out. Thanks for your time.

John

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Glad you were able to figure it out.

Do forget to mark your answer as correct.

Hi,

just note ... if several Creo releases are installed on PC then it is necessary to point PTC_WF_ROOT variable for every release into separate directory. This way individual releases are "separated".

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags