cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Hidden lines failing in model and in drawing...help!

ssywak
1-Newbie

Hidden lines failing in model and in drawing...help!

I've created a perf-board (some might call it a bread-board), but when I try to incorporate it in my final drawing, what SHOULD be hidden lines are not hidden.  Visually, it is unusable.

When I go back to the model, it ALSO fails the "hidden lines" routine

It SHOULD look like this (shaded works fine):

Board_Edge_1.JPG

But instead it looks like this ("No Hidden" fails):

Board_Edge_2.JPG

I've checked the model tree.  There are no errors indicated.  I've regenerated it, without any errors popping up--except the obvious, visual one!  All lights are "green."

Any ideas?  I have bunches of objects assembled to it up the line; I REALLY don't want to have to recreate the perf-board.

thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ssywak)

Threaded holes? Right click on the view and "erase cosmetics".

Or right click properties and turn on hidden line removal for quilts under the view display tab

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Or right click properties and turn on hidden line removal for quilts under the view display tab

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

This discussion may be of some help to you?

Cosmetic threads? Hiding threads in hidden line removed view

Dale, that was exactly it!  Cosmetic threads!

I edited the initial hole, which was threaded, and UNCHECKED the box "Include thread surface" under "Shape."

And it all resolved.

Thank you everyone!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Don't forget to mark yours or my answer as correct for those who may search on this topic.

ssywak
1-Newbie

I must be missing something.

If I have the view set to "No Hidden", I get nothing when I right click the general view area.  If I right-click over a part, I do NOT get a choice to "Erase Cosmetics."

If I select the part, and right click, I don't get Properties, OR a choice to "Erase Cosmetics."

None of what you say makes sense to me.

This now becomes a little more important, as I'm finding OTHER parts with Cosmetic Threads allowed that are causing me the same problem. 

I'm running Version 2.0.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

My response was specifically drawing related. I think you are talking about the model.

On quick way is to turn on the fast hidden line removal option.

Another way is to add your feature to a layer and turn off the layer.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

FYI, Fast HLR sometimes causes other issues along the way but I can't remember exactly what they were.

Correct.  I enabled Fast Hidden Lines Removal, but it seems to be (it claims to be) on a session-by-session basis, unless I mess with config files.

I haven't really played with layers, though...not yet.

And I'll try your original approach at the DWG level.

Thanks again.

Top Tags