cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Hole Pattern over Continuous Solid Surface

Lron123
1-Newbie

Hole Pattern over Continuous Solid Surface

Hello everybody

I am a Creo 4 user and I am trying to pattern holes onto a continuous solid surface but I want the holes to be perpendicular to the surface. I went ahead and created a curve that follows the pattern that I want the holes to lie on. I patterned a group containing a point on that curve with a hole at that point perpendicular to the surface.

The issue I am running into is that this process should be able to be done on the continuous surface but Creo recognizes them as individual surfaces and therefore needs to be broken up into different patterns to correspond to to the Creo defined surfaces. I was wondering if there is a way to have these holes iterated onto these surfaces (while being perpendicular to the surfaces) in a pattern or other form of iterative command 

Many thanks

Lirun

4 REPLIES 4
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:Lron123)

Try copying those surfaces and using the resulting "quilt" as the perpendicular reference.

Thank you for the reply. When I try to use that as a reference or a surface, the hole command doesn't recognize that as a valid surface (I am assuming) and it will not choose it. I also tried to make an axis through the point and perpendicular to that quilt but again the program does not recognize it as a valid surface.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:Lron123)

Yeah, I didn't have time to try it out, but thought it might balk at it.  Cut commands are less finicky than "holes", a thru cut, or if you need a drill point, revolved cut might work that way.

I just don't have time to play with it right now.

Good luck!

Hi,

if you upload test model, then you will get an answer faster ... I hope 🙂

Martin Hanák
Top Tags