cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Hole Tool not creating a hole?

ptc-3201306
1-Newbie

Hole Tool not creating a hole?

Hey guys. I am currently working on the Project section of the WF4 Fast Track course that we (Mechanical Engineers) are required to do here at uni. I have gotten up to Objective 6, Task 8, but when I click the Finished button, nothing seems to happen. I have an axis set up for the hole, and use the nearend surface of the engine block as a reference (technically, the datum plane actually). Hole is set the right way around, Through-All, correct diameter etc, but hitting the Finished button seems to do nothing. I can select the hole, in which case something is selected on the inside of the block, but there is no actual hole, nor is any material removed at all. The shape of the feature fits perfectly with that of the two extrudes on the sides, it's just no material is actually gone. I have a horrible feeling it is something simple and stupid, but I don't care if I look like a fool, I just need to know what the hell is causing this!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

try it without the axis as a center and use ur X Z datum planes as references on ur sketching plane. try making the hole feature diameter a little larger or a little smaller than the feature inside the block, it might be creating a buried feature scenario. also, mirrors are nothing but head aches, my expirience is, its not a matter of if, but just when it'll start giving problems... try grouping the rounds into sets if possible instead of individually...

I've had similar problems, the fix was to change the "through all" setting to a "blind depth" outside the part, or pick the "selected surface" setting on the opposite end.
Top Tags