cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How can I delete a column in a table made from a family table and using Repeat Region?

luiz.hnm
8-Gravel

How can I delete a column in a table made from a family table and using Repeat Region?

Greetings! I made a table using Repeat Region > add > two-D, and selected the family table parameters, the names of the family table instances, and the values ​​assigned to each one. However, I don't want a column to appear in this list, and I have no idea how to delete it. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to delete any of these columns? I can't even change the row or column size dimensions...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@luiz.hnm wrote:

It works, thank you very much! But what is the PARAMETERNAME when it is a feature, like [EXTRUDE CUT_2] F398? And do you know how to change the column width?

Hi,

I created part and renamed its features and dimensions.

MartinHanak_0-1701708525420.png

I defined family table

MartinHanak_1-1701708560015.png

I created 2D repeat regions

MartinHanak_2-1701708622760.png

Inside bottom table I defined filters

&fam.inst.param.name  != depth
&fam.inst.param.name  != VYSTUPEK

I set detail option

2d_region_columns_fit_text yes

Note: You can also use simple repeat regions to display family table contents.

Please replay video available on https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Tips/Creating-repeat-regions-to-display-family-table-information/ta-p/820021 page.

My test files created in Creo 7.0 are attached.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

try adding filter to repeat region
&fam.inst.param.name != PARAMETERNAME

Martin Hanák

It works, thank you very much! But what is the PARAMETERNAME when it is a feature, like [EXTRUDE CUT_2] F398? And do you know how to change the column width?

Michael
13-Aquamarine
(To:luiz.hnm)

If you're dealing with a feature like "[EXTRUDE CUT_2] F398" in a Repeat Region in Creo Parametric, the `PARAMETERNAME` typically refers to the specific parameter associated with that feature. In your case, it might be a parameter that is uniquely identifying the "EXTRUDE CUT_2" feature. This could be a name, a numeric ID, or a custom parameter you've assigned to the feature.

To determine the exact `PARAMETERNAME` for the feature:

1. **Check the Feature's Parameters**: You can view the parameters of a feature in the model tree or by editing the feature. This will show you a list of all parameters associated with that feature.

2. **Look for Unique Identifiers**: In the parameters list, look for any names or identifiers that are unique to the feature. This could be a default name given by Creo or a custom name you've assigned.

3. **Use the Parameter in Repeat Region**: Once you've identified the parameter, you can use this name in your Repeat Region settings to reference the specific feature.

As for changing the column width in a table created with a Repeat Region, this can be done by:

1. **Editing the Table**: Click on the table to enter the edit mode.

2. **Adjusting Column Width**: Click and drag the borders of the column headers to adjust their width. In some cases, if the table is heavily controlled by the Repeat Region, you might need to adjust the Repeat Region settings to allow for manual column width adjustments.

3. **Repeat Region Settings**: In the Repeat Region settings, there may be options to set or constrain the column width. Check these settings to see if there are any constraints or preset widths that need to be modified.

Remember, the specific steps can vary slightly depending on the version of Creo Parametric you are using and how your drawing and Repeat Region are set up.

Michael P Bourque
Boston Regional User Group

@luiz.hnm wrote:

Hi,

I created part and renamed its features and dimensions.

MartinHanak_0-1701708525420.png

I defined family table

MartinHanak_1-1701708560015.png

I created 2D repeat regions

MartinHanak_2-1701708622760.png

Inside bottom table I defined filters

&fam.inst.param.name  != depth
&fam.inst.param.name  != VYSTUPEK

I set detail option

2d_region_columns_fit_text yes

Note: You can also use simple repeat regions to display family table contents.

Please replay video available on https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Tips/Creating-repeat-regions-to-display-family-table-information/ta-p/820021 page.

My test files created in Creo 7.0 are attached.

Martin Hanák

Thank you very much!

Top Tags