cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How can I edit radius leader line attachment in MBD?

Adam_048
8-Gravel

How can I edit radius leader line attachment in MBD?

This is driving me crazy because sometimes, when I play with reselecting edges, the leader moves to where I need it, but for the most part I have to create a note and call out the dimension in question (workaround I would like to avoid)

5 REPLIES 5
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:Adam_048)

Can you clarify? Are you talking about the leader line from the arrow to the elbow? If so you should just be able to drag it.

If you are talking about the line from the elbow to the dimension you can change that by holding down shift and moving the dimension.

There is a move to plane option if you want to change the depth that the dimension is displayed on.

Thanks Chris for getting back to me, and sorry for the confusion!

As they say.., a picture is worth a thousand words (see screenshot below)

Note that the arrow of radius dimension in question, intentionally highlighted in red, is pointing to space.  Is it possible to change the attachment and have the arrow point to an edge in MBD?

Within 2D drawing mode you can control arrow attachment to desired/related edge within x-section, but the MBD stuff does not give me that option, or hopefully I just need to learn how to do it. 

My workaround was to create a 2D note, and call out the dimension (&d99 in this case)

PTC_comm_leader.JPG

Chris3
21-Topaz I

Looking at your picture, it appears to me that you have a sketch that has 2 radii and you have either mirrored the first radii or set the radii equal in the sketch.

The only way that I know to get the dimension to move to the location that you want is to redefine the sketch and swap the radii driving references so that the one on the left in your picture has the dimension and the one on the right (space in this cut away) is set to equal (or is mirrored).

In this particular case I could not add the radius in a sketch, even if I wanted to (I try to avoid doing that, or mirroring... (mirror command is against my religion lol)).

I hope the auxiliary view will help with visualizing the design intent.

PTC_comm_leader_aux.JPG

Chris3
21-Topaz I

ok so if the radii is not in the radius then it is a feature? I don't know how PTC determines which reference entity the dimension points to in MBD. I tried moving one in MBD and did not see a way to do it myself. You may want to open up a ticket and ask PTC.

As a work around, you could create a separate round feature for the round that you want the dimension to show up in and then add a relation that ties the original dimension to the new second radii dimension so that it was still parametric. This should keep the dimension pointing to the radius that you care about.

Top Tags