cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How do I insert my jpeg flow chart into my drawing?

rdattilo
4-Participant

How do I insert my jpeg flow chart into my drawing?

Hello;

I'm trying to insert a flow chart that didn't come in when imported a dxf into a Creo drawing. If I try object, create from file, I get just Ole Ebbedded over a small rectangle that says FlowChart-NC.bmp. I think the answer is through the object create new, but then I'm not sure how to create the flow chart image on the spot. Anyway any help is greatly appreciated, in that I'm a SolidWorks user, just trying for the end game of out putting a CGM file.

Thanks, in advance for any input.

Rob_D

7 REPLIES 7

Robert,

Try using BMP instead of jpeg. (Change the extension of file from .jpeg to .bmp)

Hello;

I tried that but got the same rectangular image as with the jpeg.

Thks,

Rob_D

rdattilo
4-Participant
(To:rdattilo)

I thought perhaps clarify my post. I would like to insert a jpeg, or bitmap using the insert object into a Creo drawing. I have the jpeg, &,or bitmap created, but when I try insert object (Create from file), all I get is a rectangle with OLE etc. Instead of the Image. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance;

Rob_D     PTC Creo 3.0 M050

OLE_Image-1.jpg

Robert,

Check article https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS43569

Changes suggested in article needs access to system registry, you may need to involve your IT.

I was able to insert it before and I am also getting the OLE square.  What happened?

The reliable method is to create a part with a surface and apply the picture as a texture. Remember to set the config option to save the texture with the part. Then add the part to the drawing as a view. This will let you easily manage the bitmap.

save_texture_with_model yes

PTC depends on 3rd parties to render bitmaps for drawings using the OLE (object linking and embedding) tech. It depends on having a client registered to handle the data type. Using a part model uses the internal bitmap management and does not depend on 3rd parties or changes to the OS registry.

wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:dschenken)

How do you apply a picture as a texture?

Top Tags