cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How do I use threads in Family tables / enhancement request?

hhobson
2-Guest

How do I use threads in Family tables / enhancement request?

I can't seem to be able to change my threads in family tables as it looks as if the Feature is missing? How do I register this as a request with PTC?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you have current support maintenance you can post an Idea. These are voted on by users and PTC will consider this for enhancement.

Changing threads is a part of a more complex hole feature. It appears that changing threads is more like a new definition rather than a change to the existing feature. The only way I have found to do this is by creating both threads and suppressing one or the other.

You also have the option of going old-school and using a revolve (or generic hole) and adding a cosmetic thread. Now you can manage these features in the family tables. This method may run into some problems if the "mismatch hole size" message comes up in instance regeneration. Worth a try though. No promises as I haven't worked on this extensively.

let us know what you find that works if you could.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you have current support maintenance you can post an Idea. These are voted on by users and PTC will consider this for enhancement.

Changing threads is a part of a more complex hole feature. It appears that changing threads is more like a new definition rather than a change to the existing feature. The only way I have found to do this is by creating both threads and suppressing one or the other.

You also have the option of going old-school and using a revolve (or generic hole) and adding a cosmetic thread. Now you can manage these features in the family tables. This method may run into some problems if the "mismatch hole size" message comes up in instance regeneration. Worth a try though. No promises as I haven't worked on this extensively.

let us know what you find that works if you could.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Here is a product suggestion made by someone in January of this year:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Ideas/Make-it-possible-to-drive-THREAD-SERIES-and-SCREW-SIZE-by-family/idi-p/461597 

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags