cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How do i change a parameter value displayed with limits: "&VAL" appears as VAL+TOL (upper) and VAL-TOL (lower)

nalexandru
12-Amethyst

How do i change a parameter value displayed with limits: "&VAL" appears as VAL+TOL (upper) and VAL-TOL (lower)

Hi,

I have a parameter which is the mean of other two input parameters. In a note it appears as upper and lower limit of the mean with a tolerance of +/-0.2. I don't know where the value of the tolerance comes from.

Does any one has an idea of what's happening?

I attached an image to make the things clearer.

The "&ECCENTRICITY_HEIGHT:1" is the mean of the "&ECCENTRICITY_HEIGHT_H_MIN:1" and "&ECCENTRICITY_HEIGHT_H_MAX:1" defined so in a relation. So instead of having a plain "10" displayed, I have a "10.2/9.8" display.

Thanks,

Nic.

2 REPLIES 2

It sort of looks like ECCENTRICITY_HEIGHT is a dimension, not a real-value parameter.

And this dimension is set to have tolerance displayed, and the mode is "limits".

Edit the properties if this dimension and change the tolerance mode to "nominal"...

But then again, I'm not sure about this because of the funny way the text is vertically justified (I'd expect the equal sign to be lined up with the space between 10.2 and 9.8)

mender
6-Contributor
(To:psobejko)

If it is a dimension, and you want the dim itself to be in limits format, and you want a callout of the number instead of the limits, consider having a relation ECCENTRICITY_HEIGHT_VAL = ECCENTRICITY_HEIGHT, where _VAL is a parameter, and calling out that.  That won't be aware of # of digits automatically, but you may not mind.  (If you do, you might need a Product Idea for a callout syntax for 'just the nominal value of this dimension'.)

Top Tags