cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How do you sort the parameters that show up for a new part?

amarten
1-Newbie

How do you sort the parameters that show up for a new part?

When creating a start part you can use the 'Designate' box in the parameters to have the selected parameter be a prompt on starting a part. With WF4 these parameters would show up in the same order as the relations but with Creo 2.0 they always show up in backwards alphabetic order. Is there a way to sort these or change the order some way?

Thanks,

Alex

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alex,

According to this document, re-ordering the designated parameter display is not a current functionality.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS59980

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Alex,

According to this document, re-ordering the designated parameter display is not a current functionality.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS59980

Thanks Clint, I guess we will just have to get used to the descending order until this is possible.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ClintWalton)

I created a product idea here: Go vote it up!

======================================================

<Rant On>

I really struggle with this type of response:

order.PNG

Does the product specification really say, "software shall display all designated parameters in reverse order"? Really?

I could maybe understand better if they said, "The product specification never bothered to say how the parameters are supposed to be sorted, so the programmers just did whatever they felt like. Since this behavior isn't what most people typically expect, we will adjust the sort order in the next maintenance release to agree with the order the parameters were initially created." THAT would make me happy.

Google's motto is, "don't be evil." Maybe PTC could adopt the motto, "don't frustrate the customer."

<Rant Off>

sven
7-Bedrock
(To:amarten)

Deselect "use default template" in New File Dialog Box. Then select the template or an other template manually in the second Dilaog site to became the "standard order" like the parameter dialog of this selectet template...

This is confusing for end users. Our start models have a set of user entered Parameters at the creation of the model, calculated parameters as the model are being developed and parameters that are auto generated. These are all mapped to Attributes within Windchill. Without the ability to have a set order the end user needs to navigate between these designated parameters and understand the ones that they should enter. Typically this results in end users not populating the information at all.

I found that I can manipulate the order in session through a series of designations and saves - but this only effects the current session. I think the comment about 'standard order' is referring actually to the behavior of between designations.

Model Check can drive the users to populate required Parameters

Top Tags