cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to change the default feature names

cpreßinger
2-Guest

How to change the default feature names

Hello,

is there a way to rename the default name of newly created features?

thanks in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

the question has two answers.

If you mean, can you change the table of names that Creo uses to generate names, then probably not.

If you mean, can you interfere in the process and change the name that Creo assigns, then probably so, via Toolkit, JLink, or Weblink, or some other software that needs to be written.

The impediment is the reason you want the names changed. If it requires knowing what the feature is for, then this is not something any software can do.

thanks for the quick reply.

just for clarification:

I suggested, that there is a certain table for generating feature-names, because when I launch Creo in a different language setting, the feature-names also change (in my case German to English). So thats the table that is not changeable?

Top Tags