cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to find failure load?

JohnDoe
2-Guest

How to find failure load?

Does anyone know if there is a way to find the load that will cause a part to fail? I have the yield stress and a specific spot where the force is acting, but I cant figure out if there is a way to get the maximum force it can hold. Thanks
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:JohnDoe)

It depends on your material properties... With Pro/Mechanica, you can find the maximum Von Mises stress. If it is greater than the ultimate strength of your material your part will probably break. The way I like to do this is to start a Pro/Mech analysis, then display Von Mises results and use "Info>Model Max" in order to find the maximum stress.
Top Tags