cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to increase Gap between elbow end and the text in Annotation Note?

srajbhar
4-Participant

How to increase Gap between elbow end and the text in Annotation Note?

any drawing properties to change in .dtl file?

How to increase the gap between elbow end and text.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

I have the same issue here in June of 2023. Are there any answers for this yet? It appears as though the elbow of the note extends into the textbox of the note. It probably would look perfect if the note textbox was not transparent. Said another way, if the note textbox covered what was behind it, the elbow would be shorter and look right. Is there a setting for this?

My silly fix is to just press the space bar before I enter my note, but now all the notes have longer leaders than the regular dimensions.

LeaderNoteProblem.PNG

Hi, 

For the gap mentioned you can refer to my answer above, for the elbow length you can hold shift, click the dimension and then drag to increase or decrease the elbow length (see images below). 

I found this solution in this thread: https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/elbow-length-drag-handles/m-p/214368/highlight/true#M43195

Conversely you can also set a default dimension for the elbow length by changing leader_elbow_length (see image below), for instructions on how to access the menu to change the value kindly refer to my answer above.

I have answered to the best of my understanding, my apologies if I have overlooked something or made a mistake

Those ideas work on dimensions. I have issues with Leader Notes on drawings. The leader_elbow_length does change the length of the leader elbow, but it is still "attached" to the note instead of producing a gap. The option dim_text_gap changes the gap between a dimension value and a dimension line or a dimension value and the elbow of a dimension, but it doesn't affect a Leader Note. Perhaps there is a setting that synchronizes notes and dimensions?

NoGapLeader.PNG

You are correct, I mistook what you were referencing. It seems there is no way to change that distance as far as I am aware. https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Creo-parametric-4-0-Drawing-Note-leader-line-text-spacing/td-p/578944

Open the drawing file, go to File->Prepare->Drawing Properties 

In the Drawing Properties menu, click Change next to Detail Options.

In the pop-menu click Find in the bottom left, the option you are looking for is dim_text_gap (image attached below)

Changing this value will increase or decrease the gap you are mentioning according to my understanding.

Top Tags