cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How would I create parts with a Family Table, based on a Table pattern in a Master/Skeleton model?

ptc-4616270
1-Newbie

How would I create parts with a Family Table, based on a Table pattern in a Master/Skeleton model?

I have a table pattern in my master/skeleton model that lays out placement and sizes for various rectangular curves.

I want to use those rectangular curves to then create a family table of parts that has an overall outline driven by that table pattern of curves. I don't care about placement of the part per se, but ideally, I create 1 unique family table instance of a part for each member of the table pattern.

Is there a way to do this cleanly so that the family table of parts is driven by the master/skeleton model that contains that table pattern of rectangular curves?

Thanks in advance...

-Fong

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You should be able to. Kinda of ambiquous though. Posting a picture or model would help.

Hi Fong...

I agree with Frank. This sounds possible but I'm a bit hung up on the details. You want a family table of parts driven by a table pattern in a skeleton. The "table pattern in a skeleton" portion is completely fine and understandable. And I can definitely describe how to make a family table using different pattern tables for each instance. I think I'm getting hung up on how/why you're using a skeleton to drive the parts. Maybe I just don't quite understand the application.

Can you give us a more detailed description or, as Frank requested, shoot us some pictures? We'll be glad to help.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags