cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

I am having difficulty selecting parts while modeling.

amckay
1-Newbie

I am having difficulty selecting parts while modeling.

It often takes several clicks on a part before it is selected. Anybody know a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:amckay)

Oddly enough, that may be a graphics card issue. You can try updating your graphic card drivers.

You can test if it is a graphics card issue by adding graphics win32_gdi to your config.pro.

If the problem goes away with that option, it's a graphic card problem and you will definitely need to find a better driver.

Don't forget to remove that option once you are done testing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Try using the Alt button on your keyboard, Select from the Model Tree if you are in assembly with multiple parts also works.

Using the Alt key only makes so I can select edges, surfaces, etc. It doesn't allow me to select the part. Also my assemblies are generally composed of a lot of duplicate parts so using the Model Tree doesn't make things faster.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:amckay)

Oddly enough, that may be a graphics card issue. You can try updating your graphic card drivers.

You can test if it is a graphics card issue by adding graphics win32_gdi to your config.pro.

If the problem goes away with that option, it's a graphic card problem and you will definitely need to find a better driver.

Don't forget to remove that option once you are done testing.

I beg to differ. I have Creo 4.0. The alt button highlights the part model in assembly. Using just the cursor highlights the feature. Regards

Top Tags