cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

I have my settings set to inches but when saved as STL format, it turns to mm. This causes other programs to not read in the file correctly. Any suggestions?

rbenson
1-Newbie

I have my settings set to inches but when saved as STL format, it turns to mm. This causes other programs to not read in the file correctly. Any suggestions?

I use MeshCAM V5 to convert a part into G Code.  This is then sent to my CNC router to cut the part out.  I have used other 2D drawing programs with no issues but when I use PTC it creates a very large part.  After looking at the scale difference, I found that it is exactly the scale difference of converting inches to mm.  Any idea why?  Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dross
3-Visitor
(To:rbenson)

Likely need to set an option in config.pro for exporting.

Do a search in config.pro for any STL options.

Top Tags