cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

I need to win a race. please help.

no'meara-2
1-Newbie

I need to win a race. please help.

Hello I need to win a race for my school. I need to design a catamaran that will go fast and be in these dimensions

Parameters of Design

-Your design must be an assembly (made of parts)

- Minimum of 4 parts and cannot exceed 8 printed parts

- Must have two hulls

Max Ht.=2/Max. L= 7/ Max. W= 2

- Width of your vessel cannot exceed 12

- Sail is not 3D printed

- All accessory parts must be printed at same time

- Maximum height of vessel is 18

- Max. of2 sails

- Sail will be made of cloth

- There is an additional award for coolest design

Parameters for the Sail

-Made of cloth

- Combined maximum surface area of 144sq inches.

- Can be attached with braided fishing line (provided by teacher)

I already made a design but I don't know if it is good or not. if anyone can take a look at it and maybe make it better that would be great.

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:no'meara-2)

What you need to do is your own homework!!!

Those are academic version files.  Most of us cannot open them.

Part of the idea is that you get the chance to test out unique or special hull and rigging designs.

Even as an experienced engineer, I sometimes have to build it and several iterations to optimize a design.

Fortunately for you, there is a whole host of data regarding sailing vessels and what makes them go fast.

This is one of those that you will get out of it what you put into it.

Not many boat designers here - I would look at a Google search for catamarans. Most of them will be designed by people who want to go fast.

Top Tags