In Creo parametric while importing IGES file to assembly the only constraint I get is tangent constraint. Pl help me some solution to solve this problem or Is there any other method to use IGES file in assembly with all assembly constraint(coincident, distance, parallel, oriented, etc).
Is the imported IGES file coming in as a solid body or a surface model?
I can see if a surface model that tangent would be the only constraint available.
Whether it is solid body or surface model It assembles only with tangent constraint.
I tried with exporting & importing with different option but it shows the same.
When importing Iges, import profile options may affect the surface was generated. You can try importing the Iges with option "Keep B-Spline Surfaces" as uncheck in Import profile.
I tried importing with B-spline option as unpick but its not working It assembles with tangent constraint only.
I tried with all option of importing & exporting with IGES files but its not working.
I am going to take a wild guess and say the original poster works for the same company I do. Therefore sharing a file is quite difficult.
Something has/was changed in a global config setting such that every imported iges file now has this issue, even objects that were imported years ago and successfully constrained like normal in an assembly. This is causing huge issues for us.
It does not appear to have anything to do with the geometry of the imported model whatsoever. I have exported a brand new plain block as an iges, and tried to assemble it to a simple assembly with a basic block, and it will only do tangent constraints, even on a square block. The only workaround is to create datums in the imported part and constrain by them. The fact that it is causing existing imported files to exert this behavior is the problem.
We are on M080, but this had been working just fine for a while. I have been digging through all import/export options in hopes of finding what has caused this, but it is deeply concerning to me that it is retroactively affecting models that were imported just fine, even from years ago. such that any imported iges file of a vendor model or such now will fail placement.
The main purpose my group uses Iges files is to convert an assembly of many pieces, into one solid part file, to keep geometry locked together and file structure simplified.
Let me know if there is any other information I can provide, understanding I am bound by company rules not to disclose or share much more than dialogue.
It does not appear to have anything to do with the geometry of the imported model whatsoever. I have exported a brand new plain block as an iges, and tried to assemble it to a simple assembly with a basic block, and it will only do tangent constraints, even on a square block.
I'm not able to reproduce this. The imported IGES files are coming in as solid parts and assembling just fine using normal coincident constraints. This is with Creo Parametric 4.0 M080. What version/build are you using?
Creo 4.0 M080
Creo platform Agent Version 4.17.0
I am thinking it is a config option that was changed by the powers that be, and that we don't really get any heads up or input on changes.
I have my own config that sets various custom options, but our system loads the "global" configs first, and then our startup directory.
I do not know of any way around loading the global config files, unless there is someway to "unload" them or something, that I could try. This would hopefully lead me in the direction if it is a global config setting or just what.
It is installed locally to each machine, but when we launch creo, it is through a batch file/program that checks a couple files, makes sure what licenses are available, etc, and then loads a certain config file based on what area of design we are doing.
I.E. product engineers have a slightly different setup than tool designers, assembly analysts, and so-on.
I do have access to modify program files and such on my local machine.
Some differences though, for instance, this is the directory for my install that has the folders: Bin, install, text
Instead of being in C:\program files\ etc etc
To make things stranger, I was doing some testing to isolate every config option that has iges in the parameter or description and commented them out, and tested if the tangent constraint behavior was still persisting. It was back to working as normal, so I was ecstatic and that I had finally found it!
However, after un-commenting and even reloading a fresh session, it was still acting normally (as it should) as though whatever was causing this for the last 3 months, has somehow magically been corrected since this morning when I first commented on here.
I am having a couple others in my group try to use imported Iges files again and see if they are still having issues.
Had this same issue. https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS329701 reports that "Simplify Surface" helps, which solved the problem on our end. We were in the middle of setting up .dip files to be "clean" (external accuracy only, no other "helpful" fixes), apparently the Simplify Surfaces one is worth keeping.