cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Illuminating specific components in rendering

ptc-5938561
1-Newbie

Illuminating specific components in rendering

I've got a problem that I've been trying to find a solution to without much luck so far.

I'm running Pro/Creo WF5 with Photolux and have been tasked with creating a rendering an enclosed cavity behind a glass plate. My trouble is in applying an environment or light to the scene, only the outside of the device is illuminated. I need to be able to place a light source inside the cavity to show internal components.

Putting a lightbulb source in there only seems to illuminate the outside of the assembly and overblows the highlights. Is there any way I can specify which components are impacted by the light?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I know little about Photolux because ...

The first thing I would try is eliminating the housing and doing a render of the insides with appropriate lighting. Then composite this with the illuminated exterior using Photoshop or similar image editor.

For the long run, I recommend Blender as a better scene creation and render tool. The price is good. It;s fast enough. It's more than capable.

x

Top Tags