cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Im looking for a parametrical spur gear part (not a tutorial)

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Im looking for a parametrical spur gear part (not a tutorial)

Okay, so there are hundreds of tutorials online how to model this, but somehow I cant find a decent working result that I can use to lasercut in sheetmetal and use in combination with "real" gears.

Im looking for a ready (free) to use prt (metrical) with input: Module and pitch diameter (ranging from 10 mm to 1000 mm!, pressure angle is 20°).

I just cant find one and I dont have the time to sort out myself how to model it, Im sure there are people out there who have a perfect working model..? My gratitude will be eternal .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Thanks for the tip, finally found a nicely working Creo model on qtcgears.com.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:bp)

I've come up with something that makes real gears but it is not robust enough to share.

If you go to some of the gear company's websites, you will find their generated gear models for Pro|E are fully parametric.  The only problem I've seen in those is that the root was not properly relieved if the tooth count was too low.

The attached file might spur some effort on your part...

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Thanks for the tip, finally found a nicely working Creo model on qtcgears.com.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Anytime.

sdesaulles
3-Visitor

Looked on their site, but can't see the creo model, where was it located please.  Thanks

Stephen

The models are available for download in several formats.

And this is what's inside:

Fantastic, thank you, very useful.

Stephen

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Im doing a new project now.. do you happen to know how to get a model of a parametric sprocket?

Top Tags