cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Import Error

jgottfredson
1-Newbie

Import Error

I have been receiving an import design sheetsfailure "Prototype does not match group: W202-CBL-22!". The portion that references the W202-CBL-22!could bereferencing a cable name in our designs. When I run a connection report in the design that I am exporting from, a cable with the name of "W201-CBL-22 does show up in the report, however when I use the "show selected objects" comand I receive "Some selected artifacts have no shape" and the cable name is not an exact match. The W202 and W201 is part of the <name_format> for my catalog cables. It inherits it from the design properites description.

The only way I was able to resolve this issue was to use the "show selected containers" command from the report results to locate the object in question within the design that I was exporting from. I then deleted the object from the design and re-inserted a new cable. This worked so I am able to Import these design sheets into another design, I just don't understand why a cable that was deleted previously was still showing up in the design. I am guessing some file corruption possibly. A lot of changes, upgraded from RSD 8 to Creo 2, new folder structure, many updated catalog items, and many new end-users.If anyone has experienced the same import failure how did you resolve the issue? What is it refering to when it says "Prototype does not match group"? Why would a report show an item that has no shape or states the warning "Some selected artifacts have no shape"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags