cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Import Step file, change color on some faces and export back

ptc-3145098
1-Newbie

Import Step file, change color on some faces and export back

Hi all, I'm trying to do the following with ALibre but did not succeed: 1. Import a STEP file that has no color information 2. Change the color on a certain number of faces 3. Export back to STEP file but with color information So far, I have been able to import. I was able to change the color of a vertice, but could not change the color of a given face. I can't seem to select it. What am I missing? Is the STEP export actually available? Regards
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I can't tell you much about Alibre, but the base AP-203 STEP protocol does not support face colors.

You can use AP-214, or the extended AP-203 protocol.

If you are exporting STEP from CoCreate, you can set any of these protocols by select Options in the save 3D (STEP) dialog box.

Top Tags