cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Import Step file, change color on some faces and export back

ptc-3145098
1-Newbie

Import Step file, change color on some faces and export back

Hi all, I'm trying to do the following with ALibre but did not succeed: 1. Import a STEP file that has no color information 2. Change the color on a certain number of faces 3. Export back to STEP file but with color information So far, I have been able to import. I was able to change the color of a vertice, but could not change the color of a given face. I can't seem to select it. What am I missing? Is the STEP export actually available? Regards
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I can't tell you much about Alibre, but the base AP-203 STEP protocol does not support face colors.

You can use AP-214, or the extended AP-203 protocol.

If you are exporting STEP from CoCreate, you can set any of these protocols by select Options in the save 3D (STEP) dialog box.

Top Tags