cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Importing stp/igs and translating part to CS

six10
4-Participant

Importing stp/igs and translating part to CS

Please help me with this basic but very frustrating problem that is driving me crazy,

after importing a dumb solid, the planes, the part and the CS are usually far apart (picture 1 for reference).First i open the template, where the planes and CS are where they should be, than i go Model-TAB/get data/import and import the .stp file. It still messes up the planes and the CS, so my qustion is, how do I translate the datum geometry or the model, to get the CS and the planes back to the model, as if I were modeling the part from scratch in CREO?

http://shrani.si/f/W/H6/1JVjbu3G/creocs.jpg

Please help me with this

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
six10
4-Participant
(To:six10)

well, i searched for a couple of hours now and have found an answer, right on this forum actually. The solution was to make new origin, save as STEP file again but when exporting, showing the new origin. Then opening the step again and voila!

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:six10)

The picture shows that the origin of the stp/igs part is far from the part, making it offset from the CS.

Slavko is correct.  To get it where you want it, you will need to import it, create a new CS where you want it, export it selecting the new CS for the export CS, and import the new file.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags